Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Peek a Boo Card


Here is the tutorial on putting this adorable Peek-A-Boo card together. This project was inspired by Eunice of A Star for Chemi - Thanks Eunice!!! When you 1st see the card in the front, you'll see a image/message within the circle. When you open the card, you will then see another image/message within the circle. You can always use a square punch instead.
However, I created this one on my Design Studio program, so that I can cut on my Cricut - using the George cartridge.

1st off, before we begin... for those using 8-1/2" x 11" cardstock, line the edge of your paper to the "29" mark right after 11" on the cutting mat, so that you will get a cut just right for this project.





Ok, so cut all pieces from each page, and you will get these 4 pieces from the cut:



Apply the Scallop Circle Frame to the DSP Layer - like shown here {{see arrow}}:

Score each panel simply by following the score marks already placed strategically for you.

1 panel will have 2 score lines, fold this panel like a "N":

Fold down and make sure the circles line up.

The other panel has only 1 score line, fold this one like a "V"
Take the DSP layer, and adhere it to the panel with 1 score. I lined it up with the circle, makes it much easier to get it right on top of each other perfectly!


Place the panel with the 2 circles on your table, with the 2 circles being on the right. Apply adhesive to the section that has the circle on the right.


Now take the card panel with the DSP and adhere it to that panel, lining the circles up together.

Using the circle as a guide really helps!!!

When looking from above, your card should now look like this with the panels adhered to each other.


Now decorate. I used rub-ons for this card. The cute owl is from Imaginisce.
Now I apply a sentiment to the hidden fold... I lay it flat first, so that I will have the message in the exact spot when it is opened.

Continue to decorate as you wish, and don't forget to decorate the outside of the card, and you're done!!


Wasn't this a fun n' easy project? I want to do MORE!!!

If you are a Cricut and Design Studio program user, you can download the cut file for this card on Pieces of Me blog, found here. You will need both the Design Studio and the George cartridge to cut this file. I have both .cut and .gypsy cut files available. Sure, you can easily do it by hand cut, but I've made this specifically for my Crafty Cricuteers. Enjoy!!

Aloha,
Jen

6 comments:

  1. This is a super cool idea - I love the hidden message! I'd like to try making this card, but I don't have design studio. Could you please include the measurements for the paper and score lines so that I can try making the card by hand?

    Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your cut file. I made one already and it was easy! I thought it would be difficult to put together but your instructions were fantastic.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the tutorial - I downloaded the cut file from "Pieces of Me" but then didn't know what to do next! LOL!
    jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. very beautiful blog and great tutorials.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow this is adorable, I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete