Friday, July 16, 2010

Tim Holtz' Grundge Paper Flower - Using the Cricut Machine

Hello There!! I've seen on You Tube, Kathy Orta's video on how to create Tim Holtz' Grundge Paper Flowers using George cartridge with my Cricut machine. {{You can actually do this with any 5-Petal Flower, and not need the Cricut - as Tim Holtz used a Sizzix die cut with a 6 petal flower in his technique}} So I thought a picture tutorial would be fun to do... so here's my step-by-step picture tutorial....

This is done with a 5 petal flower, which I cut on the Cricut, using the George cartridge. Cut 3 flowers, these flowers were cut at 2-1/4" x 2-1/4".


Cut as shown, and you will now have 5 pieces. ALL pieces will be used...

I sponged the edges of each flower petal.


Now form the 3 & 4 petaled flowers into cones (over lap a petal over another, and adhere together using glue).

For the single and double petal pieces, you would roll them into themselves. Use something to help you with this task if you are not able to do it freely with your fingers. This is the double petal...


This is the single petal...

This is how it looks like when it is rolled into itself.


The 5 pieces should now look like this....
Now curl each petal ....


Now to put your flower together... first the layer with the diamond cut, apply glue around it....



Glue the 3 petal layer right on top of the 1st layer....

Add the 2 petal layer


Now for the middle rolls.... I snipped a little off the bottom, and then adhered to the layer.


After assembling all layers, snip off the back of the flower so that you have a flat back to make it easier to apply to flat surfaces.

This is the finished product....

Here are a bunch of flowers that I made using this tutorial.


Thanks for popping in!

Aloha,
Jen

3 comments:

  1. Isn't that just darling!!!! I love it but I don't have a cricut! LOL But they are so nice and realistic! WOW!
    Nice work Jen dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutorial Jen! Your flowers turned out so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! really nice flowers I'll try to make one thanks for this great tutorial....


    LOurdes Anders

    ReplyDelete